Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Whipped Cream of the Day


  • Santigold released a download and video for the first single "Big Mouth" off her second album Master Of My Make Believe, due out sometime this Spring. I see a few pop culture references in here like a mermaid swimming Gaga, a possible blonde haired, cig smoking girl that could be Lohan (be careful, she has her lawyer on speed dial & isn't afraid to use it), and an almost most definitely Katy Perry impersonation that is a naked girl with blue hair that appears to be floating on a cloud with T.G.I.F. and a cat nearby. 

  • Daniel Rossen of Grizzly Bear & Department of Eagles has undoubtedly one of my favorite voices in music. On March 19/20th, he's releasing a five-song EP entitled Silent Hour/Golden Mile. Here's a preview of what it should sound like, take a listen to "Saint Nothing".

  • I have to say so far, I'm not too impressed with the material Band of Skulls has released for their second album, Sweet Sour (2/21). Make up your own mind by taking a listen to the most recently released "Bruises" and the previously released "Sweet Sour" and "The Devil Takes Care of His Own".



No comments:

Post a Comment