Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Jack White - "Love is Blindness"



This INCREDIBLE cover of U2's "Love is Blindness" appears on Q Magazine's AHK-toong BAY-bi Covered tribute album.  You gotta love how Jack both honors the original and totally owns this with the intense passion and soul that we've come to love from Mr. White.  (Does it make up for the ICP collaboration?  I don't know... But c'mon, most of that criticism would be there regardless of how that song turned out because it's cool for normal people to hate ICP and cool for juggalos to hate...everything that isn't ICP... What else do they like?)  I like to think he did this to remind the world that he's still a genius and is really good at making covers sound better than the originals.

The tribute album is available with copies of the magazine's next issue which hits shelves on October 25th.  I don't know if we get that in the States, but if not, I'm sure that album will make its way to our ears some way or another.  I know that I'm particularly interested in Damien Rice's cover of "One."

***Update... Damien Rice's "One" is mostly meh.

Check out the track list below. In related news, U2's Achtung Baby reissue arrives on October 31st.  Never was much of a U2 fan, myself, but I might have to check it out.

Tracklist:
1. Nine Inch Nails, "Zoo Station"
2. U2, "Even Better Than The Real Thing (Jacques Lu Cont Mix)"
3. Damien Rice, "One"
4. Patti Smith, "Until The End Of The World"
5. Garbage, "Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses"
6. Depeche Mode, "So Cruel"
7. Snow Patrol, "Mysterious Ways"
8. The Fray, "Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World"
9. Gavin Friday, "The Fly"
10. The Killers, "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)"
11. Glasvegas, "Acrobat"
12. Jack White, "Love Is Blindness"

No comments:

Post a Comment