Friday, August 26, 2011

Florence + The Machine - "What The Water Gave Me"


Listen and watch Florence + The Machine talk about the water in this brand new track that will be a part of her new album, due out November 7th.

Here's what she had to say about the song:

"It's a song for the water...Because in music and art what I'm really interested in are the things that are overwhelming. The ocean seems to me to be nature's great overwhelmer. When I was writing this song I was thinking a lot about all those people who've lost their lives in vain attempts to save their loved ones from drowning. It's about water in all forms and all bodies. It's about a lot of things: Virginia Woolf creeps into it, and of course Frieda Kahlo, whose painfully beautiful painting gave me the title."

No comments:

Post a Comment