Sunday, June 19, 2011
Whipped Cream of the Day
• A chilling trailer for the new season of Dexter.
• Best commencement speech ever.
• The last of the last Harry Potter trailers we’ll probably see before July 15 (!!!).
• I think a riot is the closest thing to a zombie uprising we have; just a bunch of brainless people (from Canada) causing mass destruction.
• NEW Florence + The Machine from her performance at the Greek Theater in L.A.
• A pretty hilarious gag tour rider from the Foo Fighters.
• “A soundtrack for sippin Robitussum & Alize in an abandoned Cathedral, covered in a velvet blanket with a sexy stranger on a dark night.”- Mr. Caribbean, on this wonderfully mashed up mixtape of Drake & James Blake appropriately titled, James Drake
• A new fun, dance tune from Hercules & Love Affair. Download and listen here.
• I’m partial to this one from Lil Wayne's which has been called an extension of Eminem’s “Stan” (where Em lets out his anger to a lunatic stalker fan via yelling and screaming). In “Dear Anne (Stan Pt. 2)” , Weezy uses a more calm approach as he addresses a fan who wrote him while in prison and promises to do better.
• Panda Bear’s latest music video, “Surfer’s Hymn” is a sober but happy tribute to all the fallen surfers taken by the water.