Sunday, February 12, 2012

Karmin on SNL 2/11/2012


Last night's musical guest on SNL was Karmin.  I actually hadn't ever heard of Karmin until a story in EW.  Karmin, if ya didn't know, is mostly famous for being youtube sensations who do poppy, bouncy covers.  I was intrigued to see how they would do because the last time an internet sensation was on, the world almost imploded as people couldn't tear Lana Del Rey down fast enough... because Lana Del Rey was really THAT BAD.  (Sidenote, I actually like LDR's album.  It doesn't change the fact that hers WAS the worst performance in SNL history.  Sure, "Who Let The Dogs Out?" sucks, but at least the Baha Men performed it.  Not...ya know... swayed uncomfortably and off key... But, I digress...)  But the article also mentioned that Amy Heidemann and Nick Noonan are Berklee trained... so, fuck, they know what they're doing.

Here's their first single "Broken Hearted"



2nd song, "I Told You So"

Quick Thoughts...
- I actually enjoyed this a lot.  I'm prolly not gonna buy the album... The music is fun, but this is a little too sugary for my tastes.
- Amy can sing, is incredibly charismatic and has a fun style. Nick plays the keyboard and sings backup.  I can totally see a No Doubt situation forming.  Ya know, she goes on to a successful singles career.  He goes on to wait for her to finish her successful singles career.  I keed, I keed... but really, what does he do?
- Okay, the hair is a bit weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment