Tuesday, July 31, 2012


I'm trying out a new segment tentatively called YESTERDAY IS HISTORY. I'm not too fond of that title but this was a spur of the moment decision, so other title suggestions are welcome!

Anyway, yesterday was a bit slow but there's always something going on. Animal Collective released their first single, "Today's Supernatural" from their upcoming album Centipede Hz (9/4). They told us that this next album would be nothing like the superb Merriweather, and that they'd be going back to their roots for this one. I don't know a lot about early AC but I like the anger in this new song & look forward to the rest. You can also stream their live Sunday night radio mixes on their website.  On Sunday's first live radio show, Panda Bear debuted two new instrumentals of his, "Principle Real" & "Soft Serve Rip Curl".

Ellie Goulding announced some very exciting news. Her next album, Halcyon drops Oct 9. The video for the first single "Anything Could Happen" hits the web August 13. She's asking fans to submit Instagram photos to be part of it. Earlier this month, Ellie covered Active Child's "Hanging On" and beautifully so. This, I gather is the direction she's going with the new album-dark and broken. I do hope she gives credit to Active Child (not just contractually speaking) but some big love.

Stream the Fleetwood Mac tribute album, Just Tell Me That You Want Me over at NPR. Buy the album August 14.

Also, a twitter friend told me that Ruth from Chromatics said the vinyl for Kill for Love will be available this week which just gets me all tingly inside.

Also, I hate that this is representing Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment